Saturday 20 April 2013

Alone


I walk on a deserted path in the middle of a desert,
walking aimlessly in search for water.
I see the shadows of skirts and shirt,
but I can’t see those who matter.
Recognition is to me what water is to the mouth,
I can’t hear the echo of my last applause.
I think I lost my voice, I can’t even shout.
I can still think but my mind is full of chaos.

I live aimlessly, doing what is told.
I feel my spine but feel like a spineless wreck.
I walk in a desert but I still feel cold,
I work so hard, yet don’t have a cheque.
Heat is the pressure surrounding me,
And cactus is the words of my folks.
I smile and laugh to appear full of glee,
but my soul is crushed by your mocks.

The light is vanishing as the sun goes down,
I lose all hope and hear the scorpions crawl.
In the darkest night I wait for my heart to moan,
Is when a smoke from the ground comes up in a ball,
It takes me high into the clouds with my voice on fire,
The heat inside me melts the cold outside,
I see my wishes come true and so do my heart’s desire,
my mind shifts phases like a high tide.

I spent all night twisting and turning,
thinking of the world beyond.
The sun rose in my face, early in the morning,
to show me water in a pond.
I realized the night was a dream,
so I ran faster than my cologne,
to the water that was a mirage of steam.
I screamed and shouted at myself, because I was all alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment